UAE Golden Visa
The UAE Golden Visa is a unique immigration scheme that provides financial and social benefits for people who wish to work or live in the country. The scheme is open to non-residents and nationals from any country. The Golden Visa system allows foreign nationals to live, work, conduct business, and study in the United Arab Emirates without the need for a national sponsor. Under this scheme, foreign entrepreneurs and investors can own 100% of their businesses in the UAE. These visas will be issued for a period of five or ten years, and they will be automatically renewed. In order to apply for a golden visa, you need to meet the criteria that are set by the government.
Who Can Apply for a UAE Golden Visa?
- Scientists, PhD holders and data experts
- Chief executives
- Medical doctors
- Outstanding students (their family can apply to)
- University graduates with a 3.8 GPA score or more
- Real estate investors
Eligibility for a 10-year Golden Visa
- A deposit of at least AED 10 million in an investment fund inside the country
- Establishing a company in the UAE with a capital of not less than AED 10 million
- Partnering in an existing or a new company with a share value of not less than AED10 million
- Having a total investment of not less than AED 10 million in all areas mentioned, on condition that the investment in sectors other than real estate is not less than 60 per cent of the total investment.
2- Persons with specialized talents
This includes specialized talents and researchers in the fields of science and knowledge such as doctors, specialists, scientists, inventors, as well as creative individuals in the field of culture and art. The visa advantage extends to the spouse and children. All categories are required to have a valid employment contract in a specialized field of priority in the UAE.
Eligibility for a 5-year Golden visa
- The investor must invest in a property of a gross value of not less than AED 5 million.
- The amount invested in real estate must not be on loan basis.
- The property must be retained for at least three years.
Those who already have a project with a minimum capital of AED 500,000 or who have been approved by a local accredited business incubator.
The entrepreneur is allowed a multi-entry visa for six months, renewable for another six months. The long-term visa includes the spouse and children, a partner, and three executives.
3- Outstanding Students
- outstanding students with a minimum grade of 95 per cent in public and private secondary schools
- university students within and outside the country having a distinction GPA of at least 3.75 upon graduation.
The long-term visa includes families of outstanding students.
Also Read: Cost of Living in the United Arab Emirates
Procedure to Apply for UAE Golden Visa
Open the UAE Golden Visa application website: https://business.goldenvisa.ae
Fill in your email address and a new password, then click the “Register” button.
Enter the activation code received via email and click on “Verify.“
On the next page, Select an Emirate: Abu Dhabi or Dubai
Enter your personal details such as full name, nationality, gender, date of birth.
Fill in your passport details including passport Type, Passport number, date of issue, date of expiry, country of issue, and place of issue.
Enter your permanent home address outside UAE.
Also, provide details of any UAE residency you might have.
Answer the question related to your experience. You will be required to provide details of your work and experience.
Additionally, applicants are required to upload a two-minute video profile of themselves to the website. You would also be required to provide information about the industry in which you intend to operate as well as specifics about your current business.
The visa allows applicants to sponsor their dependents. This may include your mother and father, depending on a number of conditions set by the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.
It will take approximately 30 days to complete the review of your application once you have submitted it online.