It’s always a good idea to change the WiFi password on your router to keep your neighbours and hackers from getting in. If you are an Etisalat customer and looking for an easy guide to change the Etisalat router WiFi password, you are in the right place. In this article, we will be going over how you can change your Etisalat WiFi password and keep your account safe.
Steps to Change Your Etisalat Wifi Password
- Turn on your Etisalat Router
- Connect your router to your computer or mobile phone
- Open a web browser and type in the URL: 192.168.1.1
- You will require to enter the administration page username and password. Most probably, the router’s default username and password will be admin and admin. You can also find this on your original package of the Etisalat router.
- Once logged in, select the wireless settings option.
- Enter the new password.
- Click on Apply Change button to complete the WiFi password change process.
Suppose you are unable to log in to your Etisalat modem or router or have forgotten your login password after changing your administrator login password. In that case, you can reset your router to factory settings using the reset button. Here is how you can do this.
How to Reset Etisalat Router (Factory Reset Router)
- Turn on your router.
- Find the router’s reset button (This can be on the router’s back or bottom).
- Hold the reset button down with a paperclip for 30 seconds.
- Release the button and wait for the router to restart.
A good WiFi password is an important part of keeping your information private. It is a good idea to not use your name, birthdate, or phone number as your password. Your password should be at least 8 characters long and contain a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols. It is also recommended to change your WiFi password regularly.
- How to Renew Etisalat SIM Registration Online
- How to Download Your Digital Emirates ID
- How to Change Mobile Number in Emirates ID Online